Tarator is a traditional Macedonian dish. It is usually served as an appetizer.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 cucumbers (about 12 cm each)
- 500 gr. plain milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or garlic powder)
- 50 gr ground walnuts (optional)
- 10-20 gr oil (optional)
- parsley (for garnish, optional)
- Wash and peel cucumbers. Chop thinly. Put into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Put yogurt, and garlic in the mixing bowl. Mix well. Optionally add oil and/or walnuts. Place mixture in deep serving bowl. Garnish with parsley, if you like. Serve cold.