- Prepare “slatko” in small quantities for best result.Prepare washed fruit as follows:
- Sour cherries are pitted.
- Blue plums are pitted and cubed.
- Quince should be peeled, cored, and quartered. Then they are parboiled for about 5 minutes.
- Green seedless grapes are washed only.
Whichever fruit is used the method is the same, but do not mix fruits. For each cup of fruit use 1 c sugar and 1/4 c water. Bring sugar and water to a boil and boil on low heat until mixture spring a thread. Then drop in fruit and cook only long enough for fruit to be cooked through. Mixture should be rather thick. Add 1 t lemon juice. Mix. Pour in sterile jars and seal. Slatko is served in an attractive jam jar. A teaspoon and glass of water are offered with it. This is offered guests first when they visit.